Our personal and closely monitored homestay programme is a strength of our international student’s experience. We are all mothers in our international team and we understand how important it is for our students to be happy in their homestays. Jacqui, our homestay coordinator is a trained nurse and she takes pride in placing students with families who will match their interests and personality. She has a family or her own and lives in our local community so she knows all our students and many of our families personally. Her children are also part of our school community.
Features of our homestay programme include:
- Students live with families in the local community and all homes are walking or cycling distance from school
- Regular homestay activities and information sharing and training with the families so they are well prepared and aware of expectations and cultural differences
- 24 hour access to the Director of International Students for emergencies
- We know all our families personally, visit them regularly, police check them and do regular evaluations with the students and the families to make sure everyone is happy
- All our homestay families are different because we know all our students are different and this helps us to find the right family for the right student
- We do our best to find the right family for our students but people are people and sometimes it is not the right match. We cannot guarantee the first homestay family will be right but we can guarantee that if it is not working out for either the student or the family we will communicate any problems honestly and change the family if this is what will make everyone happy