Our Core Philosophy
From the very first days of Garin we said that we acted to offer a widest range of outside the classroom activities that we could possibly manage without compromising quality of delivery.
Club Garin (explained below) has become our main vehicle for “Garin-teeing” that we are able to offer a wide range of opportunities to our students in the three areas of Sport, Arts and Community service.
“The Journey” programme originated from a need our school community identified to provide students with some genuine experiences in the outdoors that challenged them on both a personal and spiritual level.
The journey over a five year period blends both Outdoor Education and Spiritual Reflection in a robust and energising programme which truly reflects our special character.
- We expect students to partake in all four areas as part of the Garin Experience.
- We believe if something is worth doing, it is worth doing well.
- We are asking our students to plan their activities
sensibly so that they do not over commit themselves and that whatever they involve themselves in, they enjoy and achieve.
- Our philosophy of involvement and commitment is all about personal growth of the individual.
- Our fundamental principles quite simply stated, are belief and effort.
Club Garin is a super club organisation which oversees all non-classroom parts of the curriculum.
There are four cells to Club Garin:
How Club Garin Works
- We will find the best possible coaches/tutors available for our activities
- We will employ the best available training programmes for our participants
- We will provide top facilities as activities venues
- We will promote competition opportunities within the school and inter- school, interclub and national events for activities we support
- We will provide quality playing gear to enhance our participants’ performances
- All our activities will have parental support because our families willingly support their children
- Activities will be adequately funded through appropriate sponsorship and/or user-pays principles
- Participation is an important base principle and this is enhanced by performance opportunities for those who wish to take an activity to the highest level