Through the generosity of supporters in the Catholic Church, the Garin College Hostel has a number of scholarships available to assist Catholic families obtain a Catholic education.
- Application for a scholarshipis by letter to the Hostel Manager, together with a C.V.
- Decisions will be made, and announced, as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
- Scholarships are awarded for one year.
What is available?
We have several Scholarships on offer, each worth $2,000 a year
Who is eligible to apply?
The scholarships are for Catholic boarding students, boys or girls, entering the hostel next year.
The awards will go to students demonstrating
- genuine need for financial support
- all-round ability
- and sound character qualities (with particular reference to the boarding environment)
- a good work ethic
- genuinely committed to a sporting, cultural or Christian Service activity
As well, the Hostel Manager may be able to support families whose circumstances have changed. Please contact him to discuss you situation
How to apply
To apply, write a letter to the Hostel Manager explaining why you deserve the support of a scholarship, and what you intend to do with your life. You should also include a brief CV (no more that two pages). Make sure that the points listed in the section above are addressed.
Short-listed candidates will be interviewed before the award is confirmed. The Hostel Manager will lead the interview panel.
Other scholarships may be awarded to the value of $1,000, $2,000, $3,000 per year, at the discretion of the interview panel. These scholarships, consistent with the Garin philosophy, could acknowledge and reward leadership and attitude, loyalty to the College and Hostel, academic ability, a particular skill or ability (eg sporting, service or cultural), or a particular need.
Write to the Hostel Manager, at Garin College, Champion Road, Richmond, Nelson, New Zealand – or email email@example.com