Our culture is Catholic-but we also stand for:
- Gospel values like Aroha (love), compassion, Manaakitanga (hospitality or generosity), hope, justice (especially for those who cannot demand it for themselves), dignity, reconciliation and community, commitment, inclusiveness, and Rangimarie (tolerance).
- Faith & Wisdom
- Freedom, and living life to the full
- Respect for our environment
- Effective Teaching and Learning
- Hard work
- Respect for others
- Success for every student
From the New Zealand Curriculum we adopt other qualities and competencies to foster. These are very compatible with the Catholic and Christian character of the school – qualities like communication, creative problem solving, self-management, adaptability, constructive approach to challenge, self-discipline, integrity, social skills, trustworthiness, reliability, fairness, diligence, citizenship, respect for the law, and honesty.