Derived Grade Examinations are particularly important this year. It is in the interests of all Garin learners to prepare well and ensure that they treat these exams as if they were the final examinations in November. There are two reasons for this:
- Feedback is important and this is an opportunity for Garin learners to be given valuable feedback on how to improve their performance at the end of the year.
- If due to Covid – 19 isolation the Derived Grade Exam results will be shared with NZQA and may be used as the external grade.
Below are the guidelines for Derived Grade Examinations at Garin College 2022
- Senior learning subjects have either an exam or a workshop during this time.
- Morning exams begin at 9:00am and afternoon exams begin at 2:00pm. Garin learners are expected to arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the exam and must have all of the equipment they need.
- Garin learners need to wear school uniform during the Derived Grade Examinations.
- No senior classes are held during Derived Grade Examinations week.
- Make sure you bring all the equipment you need including spare pens. Bags are to be left at the front of the room. Cell Phones must be turned off. Items such as cellphones and keys can be kept in a clear plastic bag on the floor under your desk in case of emergency evacuation.
- Garin learners, who are away during exams for unjustified reasons, e.g. family holidays, will be unable to provide sufficient evidence of a grade.