All students at Garin College have the opportunity of learning a musical instrument. At Year 9 level we offer all students eight free music lessons on an instrument of their choice. Private lessons are then available at $20 for 20 minutes or $30 for 30 minutes in negotiation with your tutor. Private lessons are available for all other year levels.
If you are interested in learning an instrument, please complete this Google Form:
This year we have tuition available on the following instruments:
Voice (coming soon – new tutor to be confirmed)
Instrument hire may be available for flute or violin please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
The benefits of music tuition and performance are many and varied, including:
- Developing responsibility and self-discipline
- Building confidence, self-esteem and a sense of achievement
- Cultivating creativity
- Developing interactive social skills and teamwork
- Improving communication
- Developing coordination and dexterity
- Improving concentration
- Providing an enormous amount of enjoyment and a life-long recreational interest
- Learning music stimulates parts of the brain that nothing else uses
- Uses right and left parts of the brain