Lucien Panting and Amy Jukes shared with Year 11 learners their advice for beginning NCEA Level 1. Below are the thoughts they shared:
What can I do to reach my potential this year?
- Go to study workshops this year. There will be workshops to help you do well in NCEA and stay healthy.
- Balance: Mr Kersten will always talk about balance. No one expects you to drop everything and study. Balance your sports, work, free time with your study and everything else.
- Learn throughout the year. Don’t wait for exams to come around to get your life together. It doesn’t work like that and it will never work for you.
- Don’t wait till the last minute to get work done. When you get into this habit and have multiple assessments / work all due at the same time, there is no way to do your best on all of them, so balance the amount of work you do throughout the time you are given to complete them.
- Peer tutoring. If you hit roadblocks, or you just want to do better, Amy and I have made a peer tutoring program for you this year. The sign up is on the homepage. Peer tutoring is a free service where another student will meet up with you at any time and help you with anything from homework questions to studying for a test. Email us if you have any questions.