Garin is a Catholic Integrated School. Ninety percent of Garin students are enrolled as “Preference Enrolments.” We also celebrate the opportunity to enrol a maximum of 67 students who do not meet the “Preference Enrolment” criteria.
“Preference” is a legal term used within the Private Schools Conditional Integration Act 1975 .
The Critieria for “Preference of Enrolment” in our Integrated Catholic Schools is:
- The child has been baptised or is being prepared for baptism in the Catholic Church.
- The child’s parents/guardians have already allowed one or more of its siblings to be baptised in the Catholic faith.
- At least one parent/guardian is a Catholic, and although their child has not yet been baptised, the child’s participation in the life of the school could lead to the parents having the child baptised.
- With the agreement of the child’s parent/guardian, a significant familial adult in the child’s life, such as a grandparent or an aunt or uncle undertakes to support the child’s formation in the faith and practices of the Catholic Church.
- One or both of a child’s non-Catholic parents/guardians is preparing to become a Catholic.
To gain preference enrolment in our Catholic Integrated College a student is to meet one of the above criteria. Preference decisions are made by your local Catholic Parish Priest who’s contact details you will find on the enrolment form.
If you would like to see how that affects your family, please contact our Principal John Maguire, or PA Shona Erasmuson.
Principal John Maguire is always happy to meet families considering Garin for their secondary schooling, or wishing to discuss their preference (or non-preference) situation. Just phone the school, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment or a paper copy of our prospectus.
You can see our Prospectus through the link at the bottom of the page.